When it comes to beautiful bouquets and flower delivery in Coogee Western Australia, the only option is a local florist in Coogee. No matter the occasion – a wedding, a birth, a graduation – each milestone in life can be improved upon by the floral arrangements and gift packages put together with the care and experience of their designers. Check for more floral services on their webpage at http://www.spearwoodflorist.com.au/blog/2013/10/29/occasions-to-send-flowers-to-someone-in-coogee/. Backed by years of training and experience, the designers do an excellent job of creating just the right arrangement for each occasion.
Their florists know that even if your occasion isn’t local, it is still just as special, they will do just as good a job for you beyond Coogee. Even if you need flowers delivered in Sydney, you can trust that our delivery service across the country will be as spectacular as the flower delivery in Coogee located within the City of Cockburn.
Keeping Flowers Fresh
The only problem with our bouquets and flower arrangements is that their designers don’t come with them. There is no one with a green thumb to care for your cut flowers once they arrive at your house. No one to make sure they last more than a week, instead of just a few days. There are some basic rules for all flowers, but there are also some little known secrets for certain species of flowers that will help them decorate your home as long as they can. Always use the flower food solution that the Coogee florist send along with instructions on how to care for your flowers, but in the end it is often difficult to maintain and preserve every flower delivery in Coogee so that it looks as good as it did the day it arrived.
The 3 Rules to Keep Every Flower Fresh
There are three things that every flower needs to live as long as possible and to look as beautiful as it can.
- Flowers need fresh water to stay alive – Be sure to change the water every day, and cut the stems on an angle with a sharp knife to allow more moisture to be absorbed.
- Flowers need food to stay alive – Feel free to add a tablespoon of sugar to the water after the flower food solution has run out. Flowers need sucrose to live and without their leaves to produce it through photosynthesis will die sooner.
- Flowers need to be clean and free of bacteria to stay alive – Make sure all dead flowers and leaves below the waterline are removed so their bacteria doesn’t affect the live flowers. Also add an anti-bacterial such as bleach, vinegar, or even a crushed aspirin to keep the bacteria at bay.
Rules to Keep Specific Flowers Fresh
Some flowers have specific structures that require special handling if you want to keep them fresh.
- Hydrangeas last longer if you gently smash the stems at the end and immerse them in ice water before putting them in a vase.
- Hollow-stemmed flowers, like delphiniums, should be turned upside down and the stems filled with water. Sealing the stems with a wet ball of cotton wool will keep them fresh in the vase.
- Poppies should have the bottom 5 cm of their stems dipped in boiling water for 10 seconds. This works well for all flowers that ooze sap.
- Always leave thorns on rose stems, because they help the flower absorb water. Removing the thorns can make the leaves turn brown and the stem give off a bad odour.
Now that you know how to care for your flowers, you can keep them fresh and healthy longer. You may not even need a special occasion to ring a Coogee florist for a flower delivery in Coogee WA 6166 or anywhere in Australia.